– New Parmigiani Fleurier exclusivity with a world premiere:
– Mysterious time counting function, only visible when activated
– Minute Rattrapante: lets one see in minutes the time left until a target moment – end of a presentation, perfect cooking of a dish, remaining game time, etc.
– The rhodium-plated gold minute hand hides a second hand, the rose gold minute rattrapante, which is revealed when the function is activated:
– Two pushers allow this hand to be positioned along the dial-train to thus define a duration measured in minutes: in 5-minute jumps with the pusher at 8 o’clock and in 1-minute jumps with the one at 10 o’clock
– As the minute hand approaches the selected position of the “minute rattrapante” (split minute), the countdown continues until the two hands overlap when
– A third pusher, on the crown, allows the “rattrapante minute” to return to its hidden position by “rattrapant” (“catching up”) with the minute hand
– Easy to use: simple setting and zeroing with the pushers, and the “rattrapante minute” hand is differentiated by its colour for easier reading
– Grain d’Orge guilloché dial, sand grey colour, guilloché by hand
– Hands and appliques in 18ct gold
Innovation in terms of complications, paired with simplicity of use: true to the spirit of the brand, Parmigiani Fleurier presents the TONDA PF Minute Rattrapante, a new world premiere following on from the TONDA PF GMT Rattrapante.
The TONDA PF GMT Rattrapante caused a sensation in 2022 as a world premiere reinterpreting the meaning of horological “complication” by propelling it towards intuitive innovation. Parmigiani Fleurier is naturally pursuing this theme by presenting a new world premiere: the TONDA PF Minute Rattrapante. Its birth was guided by the idea of reinterpreting one of the most common watchmaking functions while helping it evolve to become an absolute innovation. The basic premise: to perform the function usually operated by the graduated bezel on a diver’s watch via the movement itself. The result: user friendliness, excellent legibility and apparent simplicity right the way through to activating the function.
While TONDA PF GMT Rattrapante enables a distinction between local and home time in one-hour increments, this new development of the function now serves to display the minutes in five and one-minute increments respectively. The dial features an hour hand along with two superimposed minute hands – of which the premiere in rhodium-plated gold indicates real time coupled with the hour hand. It conceals the other hand in 18ct rose gold, which will calculates minutes in five or one-minute increments on demand. In both cases, pressing on either pusher will make the rose gold hand jump according to the desired increment: five minutes by the pusher located at 8 o’clock, one minute by the one positioned at 10 o’clock. The period of time to be measured will have elapsed when the rhodium-plated hand has reached the position of the 18ct rose gold hand. It is returned to its position by means of the crown-integrated pusher, in a similar way to the split-seconds function.
The function enables on-demand fine calibration of the minutes over a specific period of time for any occasion or event requiring measurement of the minutes count. The contrast is striking. This is very much a complication, yet in the Parmigiani Fleurier spirit. The TONDA PF Minute Rattrapante is graced with pure and essential
A complication that is intuitive, efficient and extremely simple to use, in harmony with the spirit that guides the brand.
Just as a tailor crafts the folds formed by the drape of a fabric, the Manufacture structures the silhouette of the TONDA PF Minute Rattrapante, a watch distinguished by great formal simplicity designed to become as one with the aesthetes that make it their own.